Fly fishing trip to Royal Deeside
We are often asked to find fishing for families or groups of close friends where some of the party are non fishers. Earlier this year, Toby Coe, fishing journalist and photographer visited Glen Tanar in Scotland and had a fabulous time on the Estate. The Estate is the perfect location for those anglers looking to combine fishing with family time. Iin addition to several miles of fishing on the River Dee, the estate also has lots of other activities to enjoy - including hiking, mountain-biking, horse-riding and even estate safaris.
Toby visited in early June 2018 when Scotland had experienced some of the hottest, driest weather on record, however, he still had a great time and said the following about the fishing on offer:
“The water at Glen Tanar was lovely to fish with lots of varied water with pools, pots and riffles. We had pretty tough conditions, with very low water and often bright sun, however, Mike (the laird of Glen Tanar) still managed to catch a 10lb fish and another rod had a grilse. Our group also hooked and lost another 4 – 5 fish and had a few sea trout. Despite the low water conditions we saw fresh fish in pretty much all of the pools.”
We are offering two trips this year. Please see Fishing Details.
- Beautiful fly water fishing for salmon on the historic river Dee under the amazing back drop of Glen Tanar
- Availability for 4 rods with one ghillie
- Sea trout runs from May
- Trout fishing on private estate loch
- Horse riding at the Glen Tanar Equestrian Centre
- Cycling and walking trails around the Estate
- Wildlife photography
- High end accommodation
East Millfield is a listed traditional Scottish stone cottage with two double bedrooms, each with ensuite shower room, and it also has two twin bedrooms (which can be made into doubles on request) with en suite bathroom/shower rooms.
This luxury large cottage is stylish and updated for modern tastes with designer fabrics, warm neutral paintwork, local artwork and fully equipped for all your needs. A real home from home with a warm welcome and the perfect place to relax after a day of salmon fishing on the estate. The sitting room is large and the Wifi is fast!
- Arrive 4 pm Sunday 5th May and stay 4 nights departing at 10 am on Thursday 9th May
- Four rods to fish on Waterside and Ferrar from Monday 6th May to Wednesday 8th May with one
- WEEK TWO
- Arrive 4pm on Sunday 2nd June and stay 4 nights departing at 10 am on Thursday 6th June 2019.
- Four rods to Fish on Waterside and Ferrar from Monday 3rd June to Wednesday 5th June with one
As per all Fly Odyssey bookings, you will be provided with a comprehensive and detailed pre-trip fly fishing guide.
WEEK ONE (5th to 9th May 2019)
- Accommodation: £819
- Fishing (inlcuding one ghillie): £1104
WEEK TWO (2nd to 5th June 2019)
- Accommodation: £896
- Fishing (inlcuding one ghillie): £1551
Flight to Aberdeen and car hire. Approximately one hour drive from the airport.